The Ken Coombe Tech Yards is the AgTech & Innovation Hub at Beef Australia.
The Tech Yards will showcase existing and emerging technologies that impact the beef industry supply chain from conception through to consumption.
Where: The Ken Coombe Tech Yards precinct will be located at the Rockhampton State High School during Beef 2021. It will be connected to the Rockhampton Showgrounds via Tech Alley.
What will be in the Tech Yards*:
The Ken Coombe Tech Yards is a world-first display of Australian and international technologies that will include:
- Trade Fair booth spaces dedicated to market-ready tech and innovations
- A shared demonstration area
- A glimpse of the blue-sky technologies that the beef industry can look forward to in the future
- Tech Alley – an outdoor mingling space, exhibitor space and speaker’s stage that connects the general Trade Fair with the Tech Yards
- A speaker’s stage located in Tech Alley that will host events such as Tech Yards Talks – a scheduled series of talks from leaders in the beef tech space and producer-led panels, and product launches.
When: Beef Australia – May 3 to 7 2021
ABOUT THE KEN COOMBE TECH YARDS
Ken Coombe OAM, was a beef industry identity and the Chair of the first Beef Australia event held in 1988. Recognised as a pioneer of on-farm computer technology, Ken engaged with the CSIRO, DPI and others. Ken was an enthusiastic supporter of beef research, focusing on fertility, genetic selection, nutrition, and pasture improvement.
The Ken Coombe Tech Yards will expose industry participants to how AgTech and Innovation in the supply chain can help:
- Increase profitably
- Increase productivity
- Increase sustainability
- Improve the health of our environment
If you are an innovator, manufacturer, researcher or have a story to tell about how you use technology in the beef industry, we’d love to hear from you.
FOR ENQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT
T +61 456 606 080
*Beef Australia reserves the right to change the format of the Tech Yards