August CEO Round Up
Published 16 August 2023
With just 263 days to go and tickets sales just around the corner, the Beef Australia team are working hard to deliver you an unmissable Beef2024. As time seems to be speeding up, I’d like to take a moment to celebrate some recent launches, announcements and officially welcome some new members to the team.
Tickets on sale soon!
Beef2024 Early Bird Tickets are on sale on the 17th October 2023! With all of your social favourites returning to Beef2024 and new events added to the mix, we anticipate many of our popular events will sell out prior to tickets going on sale to the public on the 31st October. To avoid missing out, we encourage those wanting to attend their favourite events to become a member, giving you early bird access to tickets two weeks prior to the public sale.
Membership also includes weekly general admission tickets, entry to the Business Lounge and a voucher to the online Beef Shop.
Next Gen Webinar Series
Our Next Gen Committee have been busy organising a series of webinars curated to help expand your networks and knowledge in the lead up to Beef2024. Hear from industry leaders and future industry leaders on how they’ve forged their path in the beef industry and how, with a little preparation you too can do the same.
I’d like to welcome John McKillop and Oli Le Lievre as guest speakers who will join over 180 attendees on the 13th September in the first webinar of the series, ‘Breaking into the Beef Industry & Career Development’.
I’d like to congratulate the Next Gen Committee for this fantastic initiative.
Graeme Acton Beef Connections Mentors announced
I’m thrilled to welcome the participation of respected industry leaders as mentors in our highly competitive 2023 2024 Graeme Acton Beef Connections Program.
At its core, the Graeme Acton Beef Connections Program provides a unique mentoring experience for participants that supports the link between leadership theory and practice.
I’d like to warmly welcome the following mentors:
- Richard Rains, Director and Immediate past Chair of The Zanda McDonald Award (Sydney, New South Wales), mentoring Lauren Angus
- Sam Noon, Director of SJN Rural (Queensland), mentoring Phoebe Eckermann
- Georgie Somerset AM, President of AgForce Queensland, Deputy Chair of The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Qld Section), ABC and Chair of the Red Earth Foundation (Durong, Queensland), mentoring Isobel Heffernan
- Jo Palmer, Founder and Managing Director of Pointer Remote (Singapore, Singapore), mentoring Jean Liebenberg
- Anthony Lee, Chief Executive Officer of Australian Country Choice (Brisbane, Queensland), mentoring Xavier McCluskey
- Rebecca Arnott, Product Manager, Farm Animals (ANZ), Vetoquinol Australia (Brisbane, Queensland), mentoring Emily McNair
- Tammy Kruckow, Leadership Consultant and Coach, Tammy Kruckow Coaching (Miriwinni, Queensland), mentoring Liam Cameron
- Prue Bondfield, Directorships with Regional Investment Corporation, Bush Heritage Australia, Black Box Co. and Livecorp (Palgrove, Queensland), mentoring Amy Wicks
- Georgie Aley, National Sector Lead, CPG & Agribusiness and National Operational Transformation Lead for KPMG Australia (Sydney, New South Wales), mentoring Georgia Dale
- Aaron Kiely, Director and Vice President of Queensland Farmers Federation (Emerald, Queensland), mentoring Lachlan Smith
AMPC National Beef Carcase Competition
The AMPC National Beef Carcase Competition is well underway with nominations coming in from all over the Country.
A reminder that a new class has been introduced into the 2024 competition, allowing for weights of 360 kilograms or over into a new Open Class unrestricted feeding section. This will allow for producers who target long-fed markets to nominate into the new class.
As we continue to get closer to the 2024 event, the Beef Australia team continues to grow. I’d like to welcome aboard our Marketing Coordinator, Renee Lloyd and our Catering and Functions Coordinator Zoe Sparks.
Until next time.
Simon< Back to News