The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the recruitment, management, and coordination of volunteers for Beef2024. This role involves implementing an online volunteer management system, and maintaining effective communication with Beef Australia staff and committees to ensure all volunteer positions are rostered and filled accordingly. The Volunteer Coordinator must also ensure the volunteer program operates efficiently, stays within budget, and provide regular reports on the Programs progress.
The successful candidate will have 1+ years minimum experience managing volunteers (or similar), be highly organised, and can communicate effectively with people of all ages and all cultures. Event management knowledge is desirable, however not mandatory to be successful in this role.
Position Requirements/Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience working with or alongside volunteers.
- Demonstrated understanding of volunteer management best practices
- A broad knowledge of event specific volunteer requirements.
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Experience using online systems and databases.
- Good communication skills, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker, creative, self-motivated, energetic and flexible with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong demonstrated use of MS Word, Excel and finance applications.
This position reports directly to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
This position is offered under a fixed term part time contract from Monday 6th November 2023, ending on the 30th May 2024.