Saturday 1 May 2021
5.00 pm Cattle must be at Central Queensland Livestock Exchange complex, Gracemere
Sunday 2 May 2021
9.00 am Judging commences
1.00 – 4.00 pm Young Commercial Judges Competition
Monday 3 May 2021
8.00 am Official Opening of the Sale and Announcement of Champions
8.30 am Sale of Champions and Feature Sale commences
6.30 pm Awards Presentation Dinner (Venue TBA)
1. All exhibitors must have current JBAS Status, Biosecurity Plans and be LPA registered.
2. Online entries will open on Monday, 9 November 2020, and close on Thursday, 19 March 2021.Nominations online at www.beefaustralia.com. au. Click on Cattle Competitions. By nominating online, exhibitors will be able to enter and pay their nominations in a simple, secure and easy to use procedure.
3. Entry Fee $110 including GST per pen.Payment of the entry fee (by credit card) is to accompany the online entry and is non-refundable.
4. All cattle must be dehorned or polled (with no visible sign of horns or scurs).
5. The committee reserves the right to place a limit on the number of entries per class and/or the number of lots entered by each exhibitor.
6. Nominated lots will only be accepted when cattle numbers match the class specifications. i.e. Class 2: Pen of 10; Class 6: Pen of 12.
7. All cattle must be offered for sale.
8. No cattle will be accepted at CQLX after 5.00pm on Saturday, 1 May 2021.All cattle should come in drafted.
9. All cattle will be fed and watered after penning on Saturday, 1 May 2021.
10. GRAIN/LOT FED CLASSES: All cattle sold as grain fed must be fed for the minimum amount of time required by the class conditions and be accompanied by the relevant documentation (i.e. NFAS).
11. CROP/PASTURE FED CLASSES:No grain assisted entries allowed.
12. All stock will be sold under the normal rules of live weight selling and all fees and charges will be at vendors’ expense.
13. JUDGING AND SALE: All cattle must be offered for judging and all cattle must be offered for sale.Selling fees, charges and commission will apply.Any cattle passed in at auction will attract a $100 per head fee over and above the entry fee.
14. Beef Australia nominated Selling Agents will be rebating 1.5% of their commission to Beef Australia Ltd.All cattle must be sold through a Beef Australia Ltd Selling Agent.
15. The Committee reserves the right to reject any entry not considered to be in the spirit of the Beef Australia 2021 Cattle Championships.
16. The Committee reserves the right to alter the schedule in any way it sees fit in the interest of Beef Australia 2021.
17. The decision of the judges will be absolute and final.
18. All cattle will be weighed from 5.00am on Sunday, 2 May 2021.
Note: Cattle will not be shifted up or down a class to comply with weight range. If cattle are found to be outside their nominated class weight range they will not be eligible to compete. They will be submitted for sale in their nominated class.
19. Any class changes must be advised by 8am Friday, 30 April 2021 to the exhibitors nominated selling agent.
20. All NLIS requirements must be adhered to and cattle must be accompanied by LPA or EU NVD.
EU eligible and HGP free cattle can be shown in any class but will be sold as EU or HGP free.
21. All cattle must be mouthed and ear tagged within 3 weeks of being delivered to the saleyards.
22. HANDLING AND ACCEPTANCE:Handling of the cattle in the yards after unloading will be at the direction of the Committee.
23. MOST SUCCESSFUL EXHIBITIOR:Points shall be allocated as follows:
|Entries per Class||1st||2nd||3rd|
|Up to 10 entries||3||2||1|
|11 – 20 entries||4||3||2|
|21 – 30 entries||5||4||3|
|Over 30 entries||6||5||4|
|Reserve Champion Pen||1|
24. All cattle to be exhibited at owner’s risk.
1. Pen of 10 Steers 560/650kgs, maximum 2 teeth, minimum 100 days grain fed, suitable for the export market
2. Pen of 10 Steers 640/760kgs, maximum 4 teeth, minimum 100 days grain fed, suitable for the export market.
3. Pen of 10 Steers 520/600kgs, maximum 2 teeth, minimum 70 days grain fed, suitable for the heavy trade market.
4. Pen of 10 Steers 430/520kgs maximum 2 teeth, minimum 70 days grain fed, suitable for the light trade market HGP free or EU.
5. Pen of 10 Heifers 500/640kgs, maximum 2 teeth, minimum 70 days grain fed, suitable for the heavy trade market.
6. Pen of 12 Heifers 420/520kgs, milk tooth, minimum 70 days grain fed, suitable for the light trade market HGP free or EU.
7. Pen of 10 steers 560/650kgs, maximum 2 teeth, suitable for the export market.
8. Pen of 10 Steers 640/760kgs, maximum 4 teeth, suitable for the export market.
9. Pen of 10 Steers 520/760kgs, maximum 4 teeth, HGP free or EU.
10. Pen of 10 Steers 450/560kgs, maximum 2 teeth, suitable for the trade market, HGP free or EU.
11. Pen of 10 Heifers 500/760kgs, maximum 4 teeth, suitable for the export market.
12. Pen of 12 Heifers 420/520kgs, maximum 2 teeth, suitable for the open trade market, HGP free or