Barbecue Flank Steak with Chilli and Coriander Relish
flank steak, trimmed
- Pickled chilli and coriander relish
(firmly packed) coriander, picked leaves
spring onion, thinly sliced
small garlic clove, finely chopped
small pickled chillies, thinly sliced
Juice of lime, or to taste
- Combine the spices in a medium mixing bowl with ½ tsp sea salt, then rub well all over flank steak. Place on a tray, cover with cling film and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To make the pickled chilli and coriander relish, pulse coriander, spring onion, garlic and oil in a food processor to a coarse consistency, then stir through chillies and lime juice and season to taste.
- Preheat a barbeque or char-grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle both sides of steak with oil and barbeque steak, turning occasionally, for 6-7 minutes, until well-browned and cooked medium-rare. Transfer to a baking tray and cover loosely with foil to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- To serve, thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve drizzled with pickled chilli and coriander relish.