There’s no excuse not to join the fun with a long list of breakfasts, lunches and dinners to choose from daily.
The Central Queensland community will also join in the celebrations of Beef Australia 2018, with a number of social events to be held throughout the week.
We are seeking expressions of interest from organisations holding events immediately before, during and after Beef Australia 2018 – May 6-12.
Where appropriate and approved we will promote your event via our social media and in the official program as an aligned event.
In 2015 over 90,000 people attended Beef Australia including 1,100 registered international guests from over 40 countries.
An independent Economic Impact Study indicated that $74 million was spent in the region during the event.
We wants guests visiting our region to come earlier, stay longer and take in all that our great region has to offer.
Please feel free to forward information regarding your event to email@example.com
- Wagyu Fullblood sale Rockhampton, Monday 7th May 2018, Great Western Hotel, 3pm – 6pm cattle viewing, 6pm – 9.30pm Live Wagyu sale and Gala Dinner, download the save the date below.
- The Rockhampton Agricultural Show 2018 is the largest annual community event in the Rockhampton region. CQ locals have been coming to the Rocky Ag Show to enjoy free entertainment and family fun for more than 144 years. Whether you are entering your cookery, showing off your poultry, catching up for a steak burger, or coming to see the fireworks, we look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Rockhampton Agricultural Show June 13-15, download the flyer below.
- RGS Race Day, Saturday 5th May Callaghan Park 12.30pm, first race day of the RJC Winter Racing Carnival, download the flyer below for full details.
- CQ Doubles Team Championships – Town n Country Rockhampton, 5th – 7th May 2018. Hosted by the Rockhampton Tennis Association contact Peter Lynch on 0419 663 623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Paint ‘n’sip – make it a night out to remember, bring along a few friends plus your favourite beverage and have a night full of laughs, creativity and memories, booking essential, for more information phone 0427924841, $55pp materials supplied, BYO Beverage, nibbles and enthusiasm https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/social-paintnsip-beef-week-tickets-42894688167
- Ray white Livestock 2018 Open Dog Trial and working dog sale 5th and 6th May, for more information download the flyer below for full details
- Charlie Landsborough Final Tour of Australia with special guest Terry Gordon, Thursday 10th May 2pm, St Mary’s Hall Nobbs Street www.charlielandsborough.com
- Whilst in town for Beef Australia 2018, make sure you pre-book your FREE Breastscreen. All women over 40 years of age can have a FREE mammogram at our special Beef Australia Breastscreen bus. Easy parking and it only takes about 30 minutes and it could SAVE YOUR LIFE. call 13 20 50 to make your appointment now www.breastscreen.qld.gov.au
- “Kilburnie” Heritage listed Homestead are hosting for the first time every a Heritage Festival Open Evening “Twilight Tours and Camp Cooking” on Sat 5th May from 4pm till 9pm. There will be guided tours of the homestead, outbuildings and graves; photography and art exhibitions; a display commemorating ANZAC day; and live music. Guests must pre-book in order to secure the camp-oven dinner. (If dinner is not required no booking is necessary). Cost is $25 adults, $15 highschool student/concession, and $10 primary school. Cash Only please. Further information at the link below. https://www.nationaltrust.org.au/ahf_event/twilight-tours-camp-cooking/
- Queensland Spirits event at Saleyards Distillery, Friday 4th May 6-8pm and two sessions Saturday 5th May 11am to 1pm, 3-5pm. Facebook is Queensland Spirits, Instagram is Queensland Spirits, for full information download the flyer below. Tickets here ,
- You’re invited to ‘Comedy for a Cause’ brought to you by ANZMeet Errol & Clancy from the most infamous regional newspaper in QLD (and possibly Australia), the Betoota Advocate! Tickets $15 on sale at www.rockysportsclub.com.au/betoota-advocate Proudly supporting Beyond Blue.
- Mercy Health and Aged Care Camp – 2/75 East St, Rockhampton, 8-12 May, 9:00am – 4:00pm. Our camp at 2/75 East St will be full of information on aged care, community support, and health care provided by Mercy around Central Queensland. Helpful people with knowledge of our allied health and therapy services, social support, independent living, residential aged care, respite care, and hospitals will be on site. If you would like assistance with mobility, rehab, arthritis, caring for someone, rightsizing for retirement, dementia, care options and general health and wellbeing, stop by our camp for a cup of tea or coffee and a fireside chat. For more information, contact Mercy Aged Care Services on (07) 4999 1400, email email@example.com, or visit www.mercycq.com.
- The Rockhampton Art Gallery has a long list of fun and fantastic events happening around Beef Australia, below are the details:
- Yoga in the Gallery, Wednesday 9 May, 7.00 – 8.00am Combine more than one love: for a healthy mind and healthy body, start the morning by holding your yoga poses while seeing that latest Rockhampton Art Gallery exhibition. Where else would you want to hold a downward dog than right in front of a painting by Sidney Nolan or Russell Drysdale?
- Pilates Among the Paintings, Saturday 5 May, 8.30 – 9.30am, Sunday 6 May, 8.00 – 9.00am, Saturday 12 May, 8.30 – 9.30am Be welcomed and encouraged by Pilates Rockhampton in Rockhampton Art Gallery. Spacious and air-conditioned, Rockhampton Art Gallery provides a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere to in which to enjoy Pilates.
- Wine and Watercolour, Wednesday 9 May, 4.00 – 6.00pm, Saturday 12 May, 4.00 – 6.00pm These special Beef Week Wine and Watercolour workshops invite complete beginners to experiment with painting scenes inspired by this renowned event. Each two-hour workshop will see you take home your own completed watercolour artwork. So come along, meet new people and enjoy a relaxing painting class accompanied by a glass of wine. Bring your friends or come by yourself and meet new people, you will have a great time and take home your own Beef Week-inspired artwork.
- Lager and Landscapes, Friday 11 May, 6.00pm – 8.00pm Friday nights have never looked so good: Grab a beer and a paint brush and try your hand at acrylic painting. This special Beef Week Lager and Landscapes invites complete beginners to experiment with painting a close-up of your favourite breed, stud judging at Rockhampton Showgrounds, or a glamorous scene from the Beef Ball.
- Pinot and Pastels, Tuesday 8th May, 1.30 – 3.30pm, Thursday 10th May, 4.30 – 6.30pm, Saturday 12th May, 1.30 – 3.30pm Enjoy a social afternoon of pastel painting and sipping Pinot at Rockhampton Art Gallery. Pinot and Pastels offers time away from the excitement of Beef Week to do something that is just for you. No experience is necessary, and all of the materials are provided. This is the perfect opportunity to try your hand at creating an artwork with pastels in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Each Pinot and Pastels workshop that takes place during Beef Week will give you the chance to create a new and different artwork. Whether it’s an elegant couple dancing at the Beef Ball, a prime bull on show at the Showgrounds, or another exciting aspect of Rockhampton and its Beef Week.
- Rusty Pages and Stitched Folds: Coptic Bookbinding Workshop, Sunday 13 May, 10.00am – 3.30pm Though Beef Week reaches its conclusion on Saturday 12 May, don’t forget to hang around for our creative and original bookbinding workshop on Sunday 13 May. This workshop promises to be imaginative and innovative, as you rust pages to create archaic contents, make a hard cover for your pages, and hand-stitch the binding to complete your one-of-a-kind book.