Showcasing to the world the best beef cattle Australia has to offer is at the core of Beef Australia’s existence. As such, the cattle competitions were at the heart of the Beef Australia 2018 program, with events including live stud cattle judging, commercial cattle classes, junior judging and paraders, led steers and carcase competitions.
To access all BA2018 Cattle Competition images click here
ANZ National Beef Carcase Competition
- Entries were judged in processing plants in all Australian States.
- A total of 345 nominations (1035 cattle) were lodged.
Landmark Stud Cattle
- 1665 Stud Head nominated from 32 different breeds
- Additional 105 Lead Steers
- Additional 340 head on Trade Cattle Sites not entering the Stud Ring
- TOTAL of approx. 2100 head on site at the showgrounds
Ruralco Commercial Cattle
- 198 Pens of animals (2004 head)