International Coordinator Position
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Register international delegations and visitors to attend Beef Australia 2018 and maintain databases.
- Register Australia businesses seeking to join the Handshakes program and maintain databases.
- Provide international delegates with information pertaining to the program of events, symposium, seminars, travel partners, tour details etc. and assist with accommodation, itineraries and enquiries.
- Facilitate International Committee meetings, record minutes and attend to action items.
- Manage the International Lounge set up and activity throughout the week including the volunteers working in the area and caterers.
- Coordinate translators for Beef Australia 2018.
- Coordinate Meeting Rooms at Beef Australia 2018.
- Manage VIP invites for Beef Australia 2018 including politicians and key stakeholders.
- Work with the Sponsorship Coordinator to ensure sponsorship benefits as they relate to International program are delivered as required including the 4 Principal Partners, Qantas & Quadrant Agtours.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to promote the International program overseas and throughout Australia.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to ensure all equipment & requirements are provided for the International program.
- Liaise with key stakeholders – TIQ, Austrade, DAF, MLA to promote and facilitate the Handshakes Business matching program
- Assist the Trade Fair/Accounts Coordinator to verify timesheets, purchase orders, tenders/quotes/contracts against the delivery of goods and services relating to the programs prior to payment.
- Explore Business Matching event apps.
- Assist with the Economic Impact Study of Beef Australia 2018
- Completion of a final report detailing the outcomes and key recommendations of the International program for BA2021.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in business or international trade or demonstrated equivalent experience, knowledge and skills.
- A strong knowledge of the Australian Beef Industry.
- Ability to change priorities and remain productive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good analytical skills with an ability to identify and solve problems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team as required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Well presented with a professional manner.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Ability to Work Within Beef Australia Budget and Financial Frameworks.
- Flexibility and commitment required to deliver a Major Event.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Positive pro-active customer service attitude.
Job benefits and perks
The successful person will be required to work Part Time two days per week from May 2017 to December 2017 and Full Time from January 2018 to June 2018. Ideally we would like the successful candidate based in Rockhampton but will be flexible for the right candidate.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Email applications to email@example.com or post to Chief Executive, Beef Australia PO Box 199, Rockhampton QLD 4700.