Trade Fair & Accounts Coordinator
About the business and the role
Beef Australia Limited stages a major international Beef Exposition in Rockhampton every three years. The 11th Expo will be held May 6-12, 2018.
The Trade Fair & Accounts Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of the Beef Australia 2018 trade fair including selling and allocating sites, managing logistics, on-site set-up, delivery of benefits to exhibitors and post-event bump out together with providing financial and administrative services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations as defined in the Beef Australia Limited Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.Two part time roles (Trade Fair Coordinator and Accounts Coordinator may be considered for the right candidates)
Note this is a fixed term contract with a start date of Monday April 3, 2017 and concluding on Friday June 27, 2018.
A Position Description is available upon request.
Job tasks and responsibilities
• Completion of monthly reconciliations for all Balance Sheet accounts.
• Administration of payroll & superannuation requirements.
• Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable.
• Completion of IAS and quarterly BAS reports.
• Monthly management reporting incorporating financial commentary
• Allocated and coordinate trade fair applications, site bookings, payments and other documentation requirements
• Update and issue the trade fair exhibitor’s handbook
• Ensure that trade fair exhibitors are given all reasonable assistance in showing and promoting their goods and services.
• Ensure that all trade fair exhibitors meet their site and contractual responsibilities as set out in the exhibitor agreements.
• Ensure that trade fair activities deliver an operating profit to Beef Australia.
• Assist the Operations Manager to verify timesheets, purchase orders and reconcile against the delivery of goods and services relating to the trade fair prior to payment.
• Completion of a final report detailing the outcomes and key recommendations of trade fair exhibition and operation at Beef Australia 2018.
Skills and experience
• Tertiary qualifications, preferably in accounting or commerce or demonstrated equivalent experience, knowledge and skills.
• Two years experience in major event planning & delivery and/or trade show management.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of finance policies, procedures and accounting standards.
• Extensive experience in financial operations, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting services.
• Ability to change priorities and remain productive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Good analytical skills with an ability to identify and solve problems.
• Knowledge of Reckon Accounts (formerly QuickBooks) accounting software.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly Word and Excel with the ability to quickly learn custom software
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team as required.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to Work Within Beef Australia Budget and Financial Frameworks.
• Flexibility and commitment required to deliver a Major Event.
• Honesty and Integrity.
• Positive pro-active customer service attitude.
Applications close: Friday, March 17, 2017.
Email applications to email@example.com or post to Operations Manager, Beef Australia PO Box 199, Rockhampton QLD 4700.